First, Evelyn (because I love her). Our suspicions for random fussiness seems to be confirmed...First Tooth is breaking through! When we touch the lower gum and rub, we feel a bit of tooth poking out. Yeah!
Next, Austin. As you know, I have been looking for new employment in Texas. In Houston, there is a psychologist who would like to hire me, but I must first attain my LPA (and a few other details) before working for her is possible. There have been nothing but delays! I studied for the exams, but I did not make the minimum score necessary on one and must now take it again. After so many months of delays, I began to think perhaps I am not supposed to work for her. So I started searching for other employment opportunities.
One day, it occurred to me that I did not need to focus on Houston, since Julius was working for Hobby Lobby and could transfer if needed. So I started to search in San Antonio and Austin. As soon as I looked in Austin, I received a message from my previous employer, Kelley, asking what I was doing now and that she may be wanting a psychometrist soon. I was very excited! We talked before and just after Thanksgiving about details. We finally came to an agreement that, I believe, works for both of us right now. :)
For all you Hill Country family, I am sorry to inform that we will not, at this time, be moving to the area. I am going to commute for 2 days a week to work, but our home-base will remain in Houston until God illuminates the path He has set for us. My parents have graciously opened their home to me and Evelyn those two days and nights, and will be baby-sitting her while I work. This opportunity has made me very happy to be able to work again, bringing in some much needed income, and to help wean me from being all-day caregiver to Evelyn, as I know the time will come that she will be in daycare while I work more often. I will miss being a stay-at-home mom, but circumstances do not support this career. So back to the one I am trained for I will go.
Thank you for your prayers! This is a wonderful solution for our current situation. I will still be working to attain my LPA, as I believe this will assist us in finding the stability we so crave. But as I have always said in employment interviews, I do not make plans for too far into the future because God always has a way of changing those plans! We look forward to seeing what He has in store for us, and in the meantime, we will continue to accept the blessings He bestows and praise Him for them. We will continue to seek and we will find.
No comments:
Post a Comment