Friday, December 2, 2011

Evelyn's Accomplishments


I felt the need to share all the little things that we have been observing. Or at least, all the ones I can remember. Evelyn is such a joy to watch (even when Mommy is moody and her temper rubs the wrong way).

It is amazing to see how she can observe something and then immediately attempt to mimic it, and even more amazing when she accomplishes it! Doing little things like helping me unload the dishwasher or pushing wet clothes into the dryer are good, but lately she has shown more. She is trying to put her own shoes on, take off her clothes, screw on lids to containers, and even wiping her mouth, hands, and herself when her diaper is being changed. I think she is getting very close to being ready for potty training. This would be an awesome achievement if it can happen before Kayla arrives and we have two little'uns in diapers.

She also has a mind of her own. I have been learning to be a little more patient in waiting for her to follow instructions (though only when there is time to wait, that is). For example, when we leave the house, she likes to run up and down the ramp walkway rather than come to the truck to be put in her seat. Now, instead of running after her and picking her up against her will, I simply get into the truck and turn it on. Usually I only have to wait about 20 seconds before she turns to me and runs into my arms to go with. Who knows how long such cooperation will last, but for the moment I will use it!

We recently got a very nice toddler bed from my best friend Lizz and placed a mattress we acquired from my sister Jennifer on it. I am not exactly ready for the inevitable fight to stay in bed while still awake, but I think I will try it before hitting the ever-so-demanding task of potty training. All of this BEFORE the new competition arrives...on or before January 25th!

That's right. We are officially scheduled for my C-Section to occur on January 25th, my sister Tammy's birthday. So, as long as little Kayla can wait that long, we know there is an end in sight for the waiting. But I think Evelyn will be a very tough customer when it comes to sharing Mommy. At least this will give Daddy plenty of baby-bonding time! :)

Well, that is all for now, but I will try to update as we go. I am busy studying for my LPA, which I need to schedule for the end of December. Please pray for this! We need it soooooo much, not just for current circumstances, but for future stability in my career field. Thank you all for loving us!


1 comment:

  1. It is great to know that my little angel is doing so well. I miss her so much. As for the rest, it is good to see you trusting God to take care of the details. I know your test and Kayla's birth are both in his hands. We love you and thank God for you.

    ReplyDelete