Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My First Quilts

At the close of last year, I gave myself over to the joys of quilt making!  My first quilt was done over a weekend getaway my aunt hosted, way back in 2004. I have been capable of operating a sewing machine since my early adolescence, but had never really shown much aptitude for quality clothes, so I was willing to try something new. It was cool and all, and I still use it on my bed to this day.



But it did not really hit me until just before Christmas 2012 when I was inspired to make a Trip Around the World Quilt for our queen-size bed. I wanted something warm for the Oklahoma winter, and contrary to my usual style inclinations, I wanted it to be chocolate brown and light blue.  (My usual taste is black with color that pops! but I had been watching a lot of design shows and this other color combo just reeked of comfort to me.)

Now that I am hooked, I simply cannot stop! I have completed the top for my own pattern called Rainbow Herringbone...


...and I have begun another called the 10-Minute Block that still requires attention.  But for now, that is on pause while I create two custom quilts for a coworker! More on that in the next installment of Kimbersan Crafts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment