Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy 30th!

It was a really great party!  Cheri always throws good ones, and with Janet involved too, it was sure to be a great one.  From the disco ball hanging from the fan to the cake with disco dancers, and back with the traditional birthday video, we all had a good time...THANKS, CHERI and JANET!

Thank you also for all the birthday wishes on FaceBook.  It's nice to have an immediate medium to communicate with each other and see what we are all up to.

I want to share with you all what Julius gave me this year.  When Granny died in 1998, she left me her gold James Avery butterfly necklace, which most should remember that I wore every day for many years.  Well, about 3 years ago, I lost it, along with a beautiful diamond bracelet Julius gave me and the ring my parents gave me for high school graduation.  I was devastated on many levels for they all had different sentimental meanings to me.  However, the necklace was always the worst because I could not replace something that belonged to her.  Julius had been looking around for another and finally found a silver one! I had always said that the gold was not my choice, but here he found the very design of Granny's in my preferred metal.  It was a very powerful gift that had me bawling like a babe because it was such a special memory for me.  Thanks, My Love...I will take better care of this one.

Now, for my mother who had to work and my Texas-bound family members and friends, here is the video Cheri created for me.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment