Evelyn has been a very contented baby who wants to sleep, eat, and sit in a clean diaper. Only recently has she begun to "wake up". The past few days have been difficult because during the day, she just does not want to take a nap! I thought this would not show up for a couple of years yet. Needless to say, I was frustrated! First, I go from thinking she is nursing at all hours of the day (with the exception of nighttime, thankfully) to feeling as though I have to hold her for hours just to get her to sleep! I am glad that I am not going back to work after only 6 weeks!
Speaking of work, Julius is still applying to jobs but receiving no phone calls. Please pray for this; he is going nuts! I am finally able to send my application for my LPA because my future employer sent me money to assist with the associated costs. This has greatly relieved our minds in that it shows she is still committed to putting me to work when the time is right. So much time has past since we first talked that I started having doubts. But since she is willing to send me money to help me work for her, doubts are gone!
Back to Evelyn. She is so wonderful. How we got so lucky with a perfectly matched spouse, and then a beautiful and happy daughter, we are continually amazed. She has certainly learned how to use her lungs when she needs to as well. But her choice to cry is always related to something wrong, which is not often...I still need an interpreter. I went from thinking she was always hungry to now thinking she is tired. Of course diapers are changed too, but that is an easy one to determine.
Over the past several weeks, she has been sitting in a harness that holds her hips in the proper place. The orthopedist has indicated that this appears to be working at correcting the problem, and we will have her ultrasound done tomorrow to see if her development has improved. If it has, then we will wean her off the harness (though we are not yet sure what weaning is necessary).
Thank you for your prayers. See you later!
Love you friend and continued prayers in your direction.
ReplyDelete