After I went back to work at Lowe's, I decided I really wanted to quit, so I called him to find out more info for myself. When he told me that it was all about flexible hours, can work part-time, and most usually work evenings and weekends when they want, I was very interested. We made an appointment for the following Monday (which was Jan 12th) to meet for more info and an informal interview. He told me about how they provide a financial needs analysis for possible clients for free, which provides a detailed plan about how to get themselves out of debt as fast as possible, and then what they would need to save or invest in order to retire at the age they hope to do. Eliminate Debt and Retire Financially Independent is the focus of these plans. Well, of course I was a little skeptical, but I set up an appointment for that night to sit with Julius and the recruiter to do our own financial analysis. He took our credit card debt, our student loans, and the home mortgage we are about to take on and put a plan together.
When we met again Tuesday night, he showed us the plan and how it would take us only 7 years to pay nearly $160K off and be debt free, without increasing our current income...OMG! We were hooked. So we stuck around to hear a presentation they do every Tuesday night to teach about the company, and we found a home. We totally identified with the goal to "Save" people who are in debt and "Rescue" them from living paycheck to paycheck.
The skeptics in us were still whispering in our ears so that we signed up to work part-time but with silent reservations. That same Tuesday night, we were invited to meet the Regional Vice President (RVP) Marshall Gudgel at his home where he and his wife host an "American Idol" Replay Party with many of the people working in the office. He saw us, welcomed us, and gave us the attention we needed to find a mentor. He discovered that we are hungry to build our own business toward financial independence and almost immediately invited us to their year-end gala Jan. 17th outside Oklahoma City. He told us the speaker was a strong Christian man who can really show us the big picture of the business. BTW-Did I mention that at that time we had met at least 2 other Christians in the office, including Gudgel?
So, I called in to work Saturday and we drove to OKC. WOW...I say WOW! Julius and I were blown away by the force of people involved in this region of the company. Not only were they not restricted by corporate mentality regarding their Faith, but nearly all mentioned God in their speeches. The speaker Gudgel told us about, Jim Beaulne from Canada, quoted Scripture at least two times in his speeches. Then, to hear how focused these people are about helping people get out of debt and improving their lives was very inspiring! Their message is, help others and you will be blessed; focus on helping people, in all their individual situations, and you will find the compensation to achieve your own dreams. (Did I mention they make a lot of money?)
This company is currently apart of Citi Group...which you may know is apart of the bail-out crap going on. However, Primerica Financial Services was its only company to make money during this recession. The only one, and it is because the people who work it are focused on doing what is right for people. Can you imagine a company that would want to provide a debt consolidation loan and to have that person pay it off ASAP! Like in 8-12 years? I do not...most only want those interest payments!
Anyway, I wanted to share a little excitement we feel for this company and to let you all know how right this feels. I have put in my two-weeks notice at Lowe's because it will be in the way of my learning the business, but also because these past two weeks have shown us that our reasons for my working there are no longer present. But that is another story.
Thanks for reading the long post, we will keep you updated on our progression. Our goal is to be promoted to RVP ourselves after one year! Pray for us!
I am so happy for you. It sounds like God is speaking to you and giving you this opportunity for a reason. I know you guys can do anything you put your minds to and are passionate about.
ReplyDelete143
Jen
You know we support anything you do. God does some interesting things for us when we least expect it. Romans 8:28
ReplyDeleteLove you much,
Marmee