Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tales from the Clumsy

Hello again,

So I have a couple of things to talk about tonight, and the first is what inspired the title of today's post. 

Walking home Sunday night with my husband behind me on the stairs, I hit the edge of a step and fell.  I managed to hit my forehead and chest on the edges of the steps because my hands were stuck inside my pockets - it was cold!  So while I am trying to catch my breath, Julius watches a bump grow on my forehead. Now, as some of you know, Tulsa and surrounding areas have received some ice and snow the past couple of days; however, this happened the night BEFORE the ice showed up.  We put ice on my head for about an hour before I finally went to sleep, no lasting problems other than slight swelling and an invisible bruise.  My main concern was the bruise I felt along my chest. It hurt to take breath for a full day after, but it has gone mostly away now.  HUMPH!

As for my other news, it will be short but informative.  This morning I had an outpatient surgery called a D&C.  I cannot remember what it stands for but basically the doctor cleaned out my uterus so the I can finally heal from the miscarriage.  I had been bleeding consistently, though not heavily, for 21 days, and I wanted done with it! I was in at 8 am and out at Noon. Doctor said all went well and I will get a check up in a week. I feel fine, actually, just the same as when I went in, so no worries there.

Love you all...thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment