Saturday, July 17, 2010

First Word?

So, we just finished giving Evelyn a bath. This is a great family activity! Julius and I take turns between washing her and holding her head at the back of the baby bath. She is so good about being in the water, and I take special care to make sure that water flows over her eyes in the hopes to maintain her lack of fear in that area. Plus, Julius loves this time extra-specially due to it having been the only time she was allowed out of her harness. Seeing her kick her legs all over made his day each time!

After the bath, I wrapped her in her towel and took her to the couch for the follow-up lotion and clean bed-time clothing. This part has sometimes caused a hitch in the whole deal as she could start screaming for no obvious reason and not stop till long after it was all done. But not this time. She smiled at Mommy and wriggled around happily. Then came time to put on her night clothes. "NNNNoooo!" It sure sounded as though she was protesting, as we both heard this.

Daddy is sad. He has been trying to get her to say "I love you Daddy" or "Go Daddy Go!" Alas, I do not think it is in the cards this time. :) Do you all think it counts as a first word???

No comments:

Post a Comment